The State of Influencer Marketing 2023
Our annual State of Influencer Marketing Report is officially live and the results are in – Budgets are increasing, strategies are evolving, and influencer content is being used everywhere
In this year’s survey, we focused on how enterprise marketers are spending their influencer marketing dollars, how they are measuring success, and what results they are finding. Over 250 enterprise marketers and agency professionals participated in the survey across a variety of industries including CPG, Retail, Financial Services, QSR and their agencies.
- Budgets are increasing. 75.5% of respondents’ budgets either increased or remained unchanged vs. the prior year, with 18% of respondents spending seven figures or more on influencer marketing in 2023.
- More brands are using influencer content in more places. 97% of respondents are using influencer content outside of organic influencer posts, with paid and owned social listed as the top channels, followed by website, email, display, CTV, and OOH.
- Media is a critical component of influencer budgets. 65% of respondents are spending at least half of their influencer budgets on media amplification.
- ROI remains the top challenge. 60% of enterprise marketers cite measurement as their top challenge, a trend that continues from the previous report.
- AI, Threads, and CGC make their first appearance. Brands want to leverage AI to better find the right influencers, a surprising number of marketers plan to execute with influencers on threads, and creator-generated content is quickly emerging as a budding category in influencer marketing.