Welcome to our weekly What’s Trending?! roundup. Our weekly roundup will cover the latest trends across Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and other social channels to keep you in the know.
If you’d like to receive an email alert on Tuesday when we release it, sign up here!
Let’s get started…
Week of June 22, 2020
CONTENT & HASHTAGS:
- Instagram has expanded its suite of Pride themed features including any #Pride related hashtags appearing in rainbow color on Posts! They’ve also expanded Stories features including rainbow stickers, AR filters, and more. Check it out now!
- To promote diversity in fashion, influencers and users have taken to Instagram for the new #VogueChallenge. Snap a glamorous photo of yourself, edit in elements of a Vogue magazine cover, and voila!
- Times have been extremely hard for Small Businesses these past few months, and users are taking to Instagram to help support. New challenges have emerged, new stickers for Stories to donate, new Instagram e-commerce options have been created for them, and more. Show your support!
DATA & UPDATES:
- Facebook continues to test the integration of Instagram DM’s and Facebook Messenger. Theoretically, once Facebook’s full messaging process is integrated, this will also mean that you’ll be able to manage all of your messaging interactions, across Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp, within a single app.
- Instructional and educational hashtags have been all the craze lately, with the newest one being #HowTo. Users are sharing tutorials on cooking, workouts, gardening, dancing, and everything in-between. Learn something new here!
- Everyone is taking to TikTok to share their unique #PetStory. In these hilarious and heartwarming posts, pet owners are sharing what it’s like living with their furry friends. Cuteness overload!
- The new clothing trend sweeping TikTok is #WhatIdWear! Users are showing off their best outfits from their favorite TV shows, movies, video games, and much more. They all start with “What I’d wear if I was in…”
DATA & UPDATES:
- In commemoration of Juneteenth last Friday, TikTok partnered with BLKfreedom.org to launch a live presentation under the #Juneteenth tag. This shows the strength of their platform and ability to broadcast live events with millions of viewers!
TRENDING NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA, COVID-19 AND INFLUENCER MARKETING:
“How TikTok’s Algorithm Works – As Explained by TikTok” SocialMediaToday (June 18, 2020)
“Crisis management: How two DTC brands found success in the midst of a pandemic” MarketingDive (June 17, 2020)
“How to Make People Feel Comfortable Returning to Stores” eMarketer (June 15, 2020)
HERE ARE SOME BRANDS DELIVERING POWERFUL, NEW MESSAGING:
NEW LINQIA LIVE EXPERT SERIES!
Check out the first two episodes of our new video series as we sat down with MBooth and SmartCommerce and sign up to listen to future episodes with other leaders in the digital marketing space!