Last week Linqia welcomed brand and agency executives to an afternoon of TikTok learnings and networking at the infamous TikTok Times Square office.
Topics of discussion included the Art of Influence presented by David “Shingy” Shing, TikTok trends and insights presented by TikTok’s Global Creator Partnerships Lead Sam Kimmel, and how to execute successful TikTok influencer campaigns presented by Linqia’s own Keith Bendes.
- TikTok is Commerce: 1 in 3 TikTok users have bought based on creator recommendations and the TikTokMadeMeBuyIt hashtag currently has over 32 billion (yes that’s a b for billion) views.
- Nostalgia is In: Brands that integrate nostalgic messaging and introduce nostalgic products are seeing heightened engagement with consumers of all ages. Just look at Gen Z fashion, what’s old is what’s in.
- Surprise is Everything: A consistent theme in great social content is an element of surprise. You want to take viewers on an unexpected journey that keeps them engaged and stops their scroll
- The Power of Sound: 93% of TikTok users are using the platform with sound on. Every brand needs a sound strategy, which includes music from the commercial library, licensed songs, custom tracks and sounds, and song adaptations. Each has unique benefits depending on your objectives.
- Lean Into Trends: 77% of TikTok users say they like brands when they use trends, memes, or challenges on TikTok to create videos, and brands see a 14% increase in watch time when remixing a trend.
- Creator Generated Content (CGC): An increasing number of brands are working with Linqia on “Fill the Feed” style programs where creators develop content strictly for brand usage on organic and paid TikTok.
- Content Utility: Linqia is bringing TikTok influencer content beyond the walls of social by stitching the best content into hero videos for different sizes and media placements (think OLV and even CTV!).
- Measuring Impact: The power of influencer is the combined impact on 1) Social Conversation/Share of Voice, 2) Media Effectiveness, 3) Content Efficiency, 4) Lift in brand awareness or conversions (depending on objective), and 5) Learnings and Insights. It’s about total business impact, and we at Linqia can measure performance down to the individual category.
These are just a sample of the many learnings from an action packed event. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out, and if you want a copy of our TikTok briefing template just send a request to email@example.com.