Influencer marketing is entering a new chapter. It is now a highly sophisticated marketing strategy. For years, influencer marketing was synonymous with Instagram, that’s no longer the case with the rise of TikTok and social media usage across all platforms hitting an all time high. To meet all of those demands, marketers need to partner with an influencer marketing company with the expertise and technology to deliver influencer ROI. This is especially true for enterprise marketers.
This year our annual report, The State of Influencer Marketing 2021, is focused on enterprise marketers and their agency partners. Download the full report to see how this group of marketers will be leveraging influencer marketing this year.
Key findings from the survey include:
- Interest in using TikTok in influencer marketing campaigns rose 325% in just one year! Now 68% of marketers want to leverage the platform in 2021
- 90% of enterprise marketers wanted to work with micro-influencers, up from 80% in 2020.
- Marketers are working with significantly less influencers than three years ago. In 2018, we found that 62% of marketers activated more than 10 influencers on a single campaign. This year only 31% of marketers activate that many on a program
- 86% of respondents are already using shoppable links to allow consumers to go from inspiration to purchase instantly, showing that shoppability is a hot trend in influencer marketing
- 65% of respondents indicated that measuring ROI continues to be the biggest pain point in influencer marketing