WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from and about Users of our Website and Services, including the following information:
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact You personally, including, but not limited to, User’s name, address, email address, or phone number (“Personal Information”). Linqia may collect Personal Information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users access or use our Website or Services, register with Linqia, fill out a form, respond to a survey, correspond with Linqia, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website or through our Services. If You elect to link Your account with a social media site, Your User information and other content for that social media account may also be collected. It is always Your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information. If You choose not to provide requested Personal Information, You may not be able to participate in certain activities or use certain features of the Website or Services.
We may also collect and use technical data and related information, such as information about Your device, system and application software, peripherals and other data related to Your interactions with the Services (“Technical Information”). We may automatically collect Technical Information through cookies, flash cookies, web beacons or clear pixels and log files. The information we collect from these technologies may include, but is not limited to, Your browser or device type, IP address or other numeric codes used to identify a computer or mobile device, operating system, internet service provider, the referring web page, the time, frequency and duration of use, and the page You request. Linqia does not consider this information to be personally identifiable information.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small data file placed on the hard drive of a User’s computer. Most browsers now automatically accept cookies by default, but they can also be set so that all or some cookies are rejected automatically or accepted or rejected on a case-by-case basis at the User’s option. If User does not wish to have cookies placed on User’s computer or wishes to be notified when they are placed, User may set User’s browser to reject cookies or notify User of their use. If User rejects all cookies, User will not be able to use those parts of the Services that require User to sign in. Linqia uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including but not limited to, accessing User’s information when User signs in and keeping track of preferences User specifies while User is using the Services.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local shared objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about Your settings, preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data.
- Web beacons or clear pixels: Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email. They can be used for things like recording the pages and advertisements that Users click on, or tracking how well an e-mail marketing campaign performs.
- Log Files: Log file information is automatically reported by Your browser or mobile application each time You access our Website or the Services. For example, when You access our Website or Services, our servers automatically record certain information that Your web browser sends whenever You visit any website. These server logs may include information such as Your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and other such information. Linqia does not attribute the website demands stored in the log file to specific individual Users.
- Device information: We may collect information about the mobile device or computer used to access the Website or Services, including without limitation the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type, unique device identifies and mobile network information.
- Analytics tools: We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website and Service. These tools collect information sent by Your browser or mobile device, including, without limitation, information such as how often Users visit this site, what pages Users visit when they do so, and what other sites Users used prior to coming to this site. We use this information to analyze, maintain and improve the the Website and Service.
Third Party Information
We may also collect information about You from third parties and from publicly available sources. For example, we may receive information about You through social media APIs or otherwise (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and others). The data we receive is dependent upon Your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust Your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Website or Services.
INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE PUBLICLY
Certain features of the Services are designed to publicly display or publish information that You choose to provide to other Users of the Services or to other third parties. Public information will form the User’s public profile and contain first name, last name, photo, bio, gender and country. The details a User provides here will be visible to registered advertisers and agencies to the Linqia Services.
Within the Linqia Services, Linqia also offers Influencers the opportunity to present information about their audience to prospective advertisers and agencies. Linqia displays the profile of the audience that was provided by the Influencer within the Linqia Services. The audience profile shows the URL address, blog name, audience description, number of members, member gender, member age, member location, categories and policies. These are visible to any advertiser and agency registered to the Linqia Platform.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Linqia may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with legal requirements or to exercise its legal rights;
- Linqia may share Personal Information with Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include hosting services, or providing analytics services;
- Linqia may share aggregated demographic information with its business partners. This is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person without the prior consent of that person; and
- In the event that Linqia enters into a joint venture or is acquired by or merged with another business entity, we may disclose User’s Personal Information to our business partners or new owners.
Additionally, Your information may be shared with other Users of the Service, as needed to provide the Services to You. For example, when an Advertiser creates or sends a message, the Advertiser’s first name, last name and company will be visible to selected Influencers who respond to the campaign. When an Influencer receives a message from an Advertiser and accepts the campaign, their blog name and link, URL, first name, last name and social media accounts will be visible to Advertiser.
CHOICES FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
EDITING OR DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION / EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
DISCLAIMER – OTHER SITES
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their Personal Information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect Your personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect Your Personal Information, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If You believe that we may have collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE TO ALL CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Pursuant to the California Civil Code Sections 1798.83, Users who are California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed their personal data (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of data disclosed to those third parties. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice please email us at email@example.com or send a written request to: Linqia, Inc., 77 Maiden Lane, Fl. 5, San Francisco, CA, 94108.
DO NOT TRACK
Linqia does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
HOW TO CONTACT US
77 Maiden Lane, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108
Last modified: 7.22.2016