We are thrilled to announce that Linqia’s co-founder, Maria Sipka, will be speaking at The Walmart Women’s Empowerment Summit, presented by Kimberly Clark. The event will be held at John Q Hammons on Thursday, June 21, as part of the NWA Championship Week in Northwest Arkansas.
The Walmart Women’s Empowerment Summit is an annual event produced by the Northwest Arkansas regional chapter of the Network of Executive Women (NEW). The event has been expanded this year to include multiple speakers and rich content around the theme ‘Sparking Positive Change Together’.
In honor of the theme, Maria will present The G.I.V.E Code, a set of principles designed to inspire people to become a catalyst for their dreams, shifting them into action and potentially impacting billions of people. Through The G.I.V.E Code, Maria aims to ignite the change-agent in each individual and transform the way we rationalize peer mentorship to unlock limitless opportunities.
The G.I.V.E. Code stands for:
- G – Start with generosity by rewarding unconventional emotion
- I – Think infinitely, without boundaries, inspiring positivity and happiness. Recognize the potential to learn and grow from every touchpoint, interaction, and experience.
- V – Come from a place of vulnerability by thinking about the individual. It’s about them, not you. Lean into new opportunities that propel you outside of your comfort zone.
- E – Infuse your goals with energy and ignite a positive mindset. Identify a purpose and concentrate your time and efforts on the steps required to fulfill that dream.
Maria joins an impressive roster of speakers, including the following.
- Latriece Watkins – Walmart, SVP Consumables Merchandising
Sparking Positive Change Panelists:
- Moderator: Rebecca Dunphey – Kimberly Clark, North American President Baby & Child Care
- Jerry Spencer – Walmart, Senior Vice President, Realty
- Jacqui Canney – Walmart, Executive Vice President, Global People
- Kim Underhill – Kimberly-Clark, Group President, North America
- “Mentoring Male and Female Leaders through the G.I.V.E. Code” by Maria Sipka, Co-founder and Vice President, Linqia
- “Leading with Grace” by Celia Swanson, Retired Walmart Executive, author of “Gracious and Strong”
- “Leading through Transformational Change” by Sandra MacQuillan, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Kimberly-Clark
- “Leading with Confidence” by Savvy Shields, Miss America 2017
NEW members, emerging leaders, and executives who would like to connect with other professionals in the region are encouraged to attend the Walmart Women’s Empowerment Summit. For more information, visit: https://bit.ly/2Jm76u6
About the Walmart Women’s Empowerment Summit
The Walmart Women’s Empowerment Summit is an annual event produced by the Northwest Arkansas regional chapter of the Network of Executive Women (NEW). The event has been expanded this year to include multiple speakers and rich content around the theme ‘Sparking Positive Change Together’. The morning is slated to include a keynote speaker, a discussion panel, and four Embracing Leadership Diversity Talks given by experienced leaders.
Event: NEW Northwest Arkansas Regional Learning Event
Date/Time: June 21, 2018 from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM (CT)
Location: John Q @ Embassy, Main Ballroom, 3303 S Pinnacle Hills Pkwy, Rogers, AR 72758