Mezzetta, a packaged foods company specializing in pickled vegetables, spreads, and sauces, teamed up with Linqia to raise brand awareness and spread the word about giveaways on the Mezzetta website. Mezzetta also wanted to generate original content (particularly recipes) to populate its Pinterest page.
“Linqia is one of the most powerful solutions in Mezzetta’s Marketing Mix. With influencer marketing, we can reach new consumers in an authentic way, drive social engagement around our brand, and generate original user-generated content at a fraction of the cost of other sources.”
Mezzetta Digital Marketing Director
Mezzetta partnered with Linqia to create a three flight Storybook program with influencers in the Food and Home & Garden verticals. Linqia matched Mezzetta with 238 influencers who produce high-quality food photography, enjoy creating original recipes, and have established Pinterest followings.
The program, which spanned the summer, fall, and holiday seasons of 2015, featured Mezzetta products in original recipes created by the influencers. The summer flight encouraged influencers to turn up the heat with recipes featuring Mezzetta’s spicy pepper products while calling attention to Mezzetta’s summer grilling basket giveaway. In the fall, influencers highlighted recipes using Mezzetta sauces and promoted the sauce themed basket giveaway. The winter season called for holiday party food recipes featuring Mezzetta olives along with a discount coupon on olive products.
By working with Linqia, Mezzetta was able to generate nearly 7,500 pieces of unique original content about their brand. The program’s recipe-oriented approach was popular with the influencers’ audiences, who engaged with the content 1,063% more than projected. Moreover, the Linqia program continued to work long after its conclusion, driving 420% more long tail clicks in the following year than the average influencer marketing program. As a result, a recent Mezzetta email survey returned a 50% response rate. The survey’s distribution list was populated with leads who visited the giveaway landing pages Linqia influencers promoted in their content. Additionally, the program generated nearly 1,200 pins, which Mezzetta used to populate its Pinterest page with original, fresh content.
- Linqia influencers reached 13.1M people and created nearly 7,500+ pieces of unique content.
- The blog stories and social media posts in this program were engaged with by audiences 1,063% more than projected.
- Audience members pinned photographs from the Mezzetta Storybook to their own Pinterest boards over 48,800 times. Our influencer’s pins were re-pinned by audiences 11,300+ times.
- After the Mezzetta 2015 Storybook ended, over 20,700 additional visitors clicked through the sponsored influencer content to Mezzetta’s landing pages, filling the pipeline with qualified leads.
- Mezzetta enjoyed a 50% response rate in a recent survey – majority of those on the distribution list were driven from influencer content.