Working at Linqia
We have an amazing team and we are looking for brilliant and eager people to join us. We recognize talented people, support their creativity and help them grow. We believe in openness, cooperation, respect, dedication and diligence – and we live that way everyday. Check out our latest opportunities below to join the Linqia team today.
- Senior Frontend Engineer
- Senior Backend Engineer
- Senior Enterprise Account Executive (San Francisco/ New York)
Senior Frontend Engineer
We are a small, committed team building a product that truly delights our customers when they interact with it. We prototype and iterate. We do it based on real user feedback and input. And at every step, we actively seek the participation of our sales, marketing, and business development specialists.
We believe that great user experience is not built by an executive committee, rather it emerges through great design meticulously iterated with user feedback. We believe in using and building small and sharp tools that help us get stuff done.
- Wireframing: Balsamiq
- Source control: git, gitHub
- You excel at cross-browser web development using HTML4 and CSS3
- You are proficient at working from and modifying wireframes
- You are adept with at least one source code control system
- You have experience with a server-side web templating system (e.g. Smarty, Django template language, Tornado Templates, etc.)
- Bonus: you have good design aesthetic and a knowledge of usability or interaction design
- Double Bonus: you possess some skill with server-side scripting languages, e.g. PHP, Python
Senior Backend Engineer
We are a small, committed team building a product that truly delights our customers when they interact with it. We actively participate in coding communities (StackOverflow, Kaggle) and have personal projects that demonstrate our design sense. We contribute to our favorite open source projects and we have created plenty of our own. We love to build delightful customer experiences. We love to code. We love to learn how to code better and we love to help others learn to code better.
We prototype and we relentlessly iterate. We write unit tests and acceptance tests and when we write a function, we write its docstring. And at every step, we actively seek the participation of our sales, marketing and business development specialists.
We believe that great user experience is not just built by an executive committee, rather it emerges through great design meticulously coded by rock-solid hackers. We believe in the creative genius of prototyping and the discipline of continuous test writing and testing. Our belief is that abstraction is not a substitute for knowledge about how a system works. We believe in using and building small and sharp tools that help us get stuff done.
- Server-side web development: Werkzeug/Flask, node.js
- Persistence: redis, mongodb, postgres, pytables
- Numeric computation: numpy, scipy
- Machine learning & computational linguistics: scikit-learn, NLTK, CVXOPT, OpenOpt
- Data visualization: matplotlib, d3.js
- Distributed processing: Storm
- Source control: git, gitHub
- You share our philosophy and our passion for building great software and our insistence on shipping it.
- You have a demonstrable fluency towards mastery in at least one general purpose language and a willingness to learn python and javascsript. If your preferred tools are the same as ours, that’s great – but it’s not a requirement. Languages, libraries, techniques and methodologies that you use will help us do our job better and will quickly be added to our tool chain.
- You have built and open sourced at least one project that solves interesting and difficult problems.
- You excel at identifying the right problem to solve.
- You are an excellent programmer and you’re still improving.
- You are a skilled and experienced problem solver.
- You can fluidly switch between the whiteboard and your editor.
- You have demonstrable experience building and maintaining scalable web apps, with a particular focus on either the server side or the client side.
Senior Enterprise Account Executive (San Francisco/ New York)
Are you ready to revolutionize the social marketing industry? Do you have experience selling to CMOs and agencies?
- Apply your rockstar skills to push this explosive start up to be the absolute best–provide valuable feedback from the field to help shape company strategy
- Apply creativity, demonstrate accountability and maintain a deep understanding of Linqia’s services and business model
- Focus on achieving mutually beneficial results and be alert to client buying signals
- Evangelize the Linqia vision through self initiated product demonstrations and in-market events
- Work in a highly dynamic environment with a proven ability to balance competing demands and priorities as well as operate independently–while building a successful sales pipeline/channel
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent understanding of the digital and social marketing channel–know what CMOs want and how they measure success
- Proven self sourcer in a green field opportunity–work closely with our lead generation specialist and leverage your network to build an explosive pipeline
- Proven track record of exceeding plan expectations with consultative + evangelistic selling methodologies
- Experience with social marketing, technologies and platforms
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self direction and motivation
- Excellent communication skills, the highest integrity and fun to work with!